Volunteering at Babylon consists of completing 2 x 5 hour shifts in exchange for your ticket.
1) Please apply by following the button below
2) If accepted you will notified, and within an allocated timeframe you will need to complete the Volunteer Pledge to secure your position
3) Your allocated shift times, position descriptions and other pre-event info will be released in the 2 weeks prior to the event.
Please note: You will be generated a Volunteer Ticket as a part of your participation to the festival.
Positions include, but are not limited to:
- Front Gate: assisting in the scanning and wrist-banding of patrons
- Waste: keeping the event in tip-top condition, promoting waste practices, picking up and sorting rubbish etc.
- Keepers of Babylon: our community engagement/crowd care program
- Info tent: assisting patrons access to event information, lost property etc.
Generally we ask of our volunteers to complete 2 x 5 hour shifts in exchange for a ticket to the event, this includes camping.
No. All participants must provide their own camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, mat etc) and bring their own food or money to buy food on site.
No, there is not a specific camping area for volunteers who volunteer during the festival. Volunteers camp in the general camping area.
Ticketing procedures will be confirmed within 2 weeks of the event.
Confirmations will start from the week of the 8th of January and will be ongoing until a time all positions have been filled.
All shift allocations; position descriptions and arrival procedures will be made available within 2 weeks of the event.
Your allocated shifts will take into consideration your provided availability given in your application form, if this changes please email Freya on firstname.lastname@example.org
The short answer is no.
It is advised you aim to be onsite a minimum 2 hours prior to your initial start time so that you can park your vehicle and set up camp.
You may arrive any time during the event, and if your first shift starts prior to gates opening your coordinator will advise how this affects you.
There are limited opportunities to volunteer before and after the event. In the case you are assigned shifts outside of the festival’s official opening and closing you will be issued early entry. This does not include any friends you may be travelling with that are not volunteering.